1. This Code binds Redmile London in their dealings with Customers who buy for their own use and enjoyment and are therefore in law ‘consumers’ of the goods or services supplied by Redmile London.
2.1 All goods for sale shall have the full VAT-inclusive price indicated clearly on a label or ticket attached to or immediately adjacent to the article in question; or, where this would be undesirable in any particular case because of the increased risk of theft.
2.2 Any Customer buying goods marked with a price reduced from a previous price may assume that Redmile London Ltd is aware of and complying with the current legislation on false or misleading price indications.
Descriptions & Attributions
3. Redmile London Ltd shall give to the Customer as much clear and accurate information as is reasonably practicable about the article in question, and this shall normally include:
The approximate date or period (e.g. Regency, Art Deco) of manufacture or, if hallmarked/date-marked, the actual year;
The material in which the article is predominantly made (e.g. walnut, bronze, oil on canvas);
The maker or artist’s name, if known, together with any provenance if known;
Any major restoration or later additions.
4. On a sale being agreed description details as indicated on the label and as elaborated orally (if applicable) shall be written down, in a proper invoice showing the name, address, telephone number and VAT registration of Redmile London Ltd and date of issue.
5. Customers may assume that Redmile London Ltd is aware of current legislation against false or misleading trade descriptions of goods or services, misleading price indications and other legislation aimed against the sale of stolen goods, fraud or money-laundering, and the meaning of ‘due diligence’ in each such area, and to have trained all sales staff appropriately.
6. If Redmile London accepts a deposit as part payment for specific goods to be collected and fully paid for later, the date and full details of the transaction shall be recorded with a copy for the Customer in writing, including the date by which full payment must be made and the consequences of default (e.g. possible forfeiture of deposit and right to resell).
7. Redmile London Ltd is prohibited from making unsolicited visits to private domestic premises.
Supply of Services
8. Where Redmile London Ltd’s business is primarily to supply services (such as packing, shipping, valuations or restoration) to Customers such supply shall conform to ‘best practice’ in the relevant sector and Customers shall be given in writing a quotation for the supply in question together with the date and where possible time of delivery.
9. Valuations carried out professionally (i.e. for a fee) shall be provided in writing, signed and dated, and worded to indicate clearly whether they are for insurance (replacement cost) or for probate (net realisable value).
10. Redmile London Ltd comply’s with the British Code of Advertising and Sales Promotion and any other Codes of similar standing.